Tuesday, June 30, 2009

So Bad - So Busy!

I have not updated recently. In part, this is due to the fact that things have been so busy that I haven't had a chance to sit down in front of ye old PC and type up a post!

After the Giro, I spent a few days in bike rehab (hehe)! I had to detox from all of the rainy fun we had that weekend. I also had to prepare to head to Michigan for a BIG event...the wedding of one of my best friends from high school. Craig and I have known one another for over 15 years now, and I adore him. He is one of the sweetest, most genuine people I have ever met. In all honesty, I probably don't tell him that enough...but I think he knows how much I care about him. And his wife Jennifer is totally awesome as well. I wish that I lived closer to the two of them so that she and I could spend more time together. Unfortunately, the best I can do is to try to convince the two of them to come out here for a visit sometime soon!

It was a beautiful wedding. In fact, it was the best "traditional" wedding I have ever been to. The minister was uber charismatic and had a beautiful way with words. They did a few things in the ceremony that really made it special and unique, including some beautiful songs and readings. The reception was a blast, made all the more interesting and fun by being reunited with Amy and Cathy over dinner. The only drawback to the evening was that Chuck, Karyn and Eric weren't there. Karyn and Eric had decided earlier that they were not going to be able to make it, but Chuck's story was more shocking.

He was supposed to fly out on Friday night. Unfortunately, the plane was delayed (just a little) by around 7 hours. When they got out onto the tarmac, they sat for 3.5 hours until the plane RAN OUT OF GAS. After being TOWED back to the gate and told that they hoped to get out of Philly by 1:30 AM, Chuck demanded to get the heck off the plane and to get his money back. He did both. I can't blame him (the Philly airport SUCKS), but it stunk that he wasn't there for the wedding.

Anyway...here are a few pictures of the SHS 96 crew:

Amy, Cat, Barks, and Me
And the 96 crew with spouses:
Amy and Kevin, Sean and Cat, Barker and Jennifer, Me and the invisible Chuck!

What a night! Thanks for a great party, Barks! And Congrats and Best Wishes to you and Jen...I love you guys!

2 comments:

Beezkwee said...

You look GORGEOUS!!!! :)

Choppah said...

Aww...shucks....thanks. -blush-