Well, that weekend has returned. Today is Wilmington, tomorrow Bike Jam. I'm feeling better about it all this year, even though crits are still not my favorite kind of races and it's still going to be wicked fast! I've learned a lot in the last year about positioning, moving up in a pack, and conserving my energy, so I hope that this will pay off (today especially).
I have also started having anxiety dreams. Last night, I dreamt that I got all ready to head to the line at the Liberty Classic and just as I pulled my cleat cover off of my shoe, my cleat went with it! With all of the screws gone and missing, I had to try to scramble to take the cleat off of my old shoe and steal the screws. Needless to say, it didn't work and I watched everyone roll out for the race while I sat there messing with a screwdriver (and not the good, deliciously alcoholic type of screwdriver!).
This was the same type of dream as I had before my doctoral exams, and I did well on those, so I'm hoping that this is the same type of thing! For now, I'm going to fill my belly with yummy food and finish packing up so that I can hit the road for Wilmington. Let's hope for a good weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment