Sunday, March 18, 2012

Why Aren't You Racing Yet?!

This is one of the most common questions that I have been getting recently from my cycling friends.  That or, "When is your first race?"  I sometimes want to say to them, "You do know how loooooong the race season is, right?!"  Or, "You do know that it's only March...right?"

While I would never in a million, gazillion, brazilian years, complain about the weather that we have had this year (my windows are currently wide open and I spent 90% of the day outside), it does play a bit of havoc on the mind of a cyclist.  Since we never really had a "winter," many people never really stopped riding and training.  Because of this, they are super-duper gung ho to get the race season underway.  I, however, with my particular sights set on specific events, am a little more content to slowly dip my toes into the water rather than disrupting the pool with a giant belly flop!  


For those who still want an answer to the title question...I think that you're likely to see me kitted up at a start line for the first weekend in April.  I'm not saying WHERE you might see me, but I have my sights set upon a little race or two in the near future.  ;)

For now...I'm setting my sights on the uphill Power Test that my loving slave driver coach has in mind for me this week while I am in North Carolina.  Why is it that I am more nervous about the power test than about presenting my chapter at the NCSA conference?!  ;)  

3 comments:

janc277 said...

You are smart to stay focused on your goals. Best of luck this season!!!

Choppah said...

Thanks!!

And, of course, I wish the best of luck to all of the amazing women (and men) that have become a part of my life due to this sport. I'm always grateful to have tremendous people around and to feel a strong sense of camaraderie and competition!

OK - I have to stop before I start sounding like a Self-Help book! ;)

Jacqueline McClure said...

Channel that inner positive mental attitude and CRUSH that mountain! ROARRRRRRRR! (insert Shecky)