Friday, October 11, 2013

Mon the Biff

Three of the most important words of the evening last night.  Mon. The. Biff.

I can't really explain that, except to say that if you're a fan of Biffy Clyro, you should already know what I'm talking about.

I was first introduced to Biffy a few years ago by my dear friend, Simon.  I became hooked pretty quickly and was particularly bummed when I missed a few shows at local spots like the North Star and a free show in Northern Liberties.  But all of that was forgotten after last night's front row viewing of the band at the Trocadero!  Best $11.00 I ever spent.

They were pretty awesome.  These guys play hard - and I do mean HARD!  They are a true rock band and the show was 100% proof of that.

They played quite a few of my favorite songs - a nice mixture of the new album and the older stuff.  And, I had a pretty good view of the show - from the front row!  It's been a VERY long time since I've been front row for something.  We were pretty close to the stage at the Killers a couple of months ago (maybe 4 people back or so), but the last time I was actually FRONT row was the Depeche Mode Devotional tour in 1993!

So, I came away from last night with some great photos, a nice video of Machines, and Simon's set list! Pretty cool night.




This will get stored away in a safe place with my Killers Konfetti from the Atlantic City show!  


The opening act was Morning Parade, an English band from Essex.  They were pretty great, too... I'll be picking up some of their stuff soon enough.

No comments: