Lunch with Special A on Friday! We had a lovely mid-day meeting as her carpeting was getting installed. It was great to see her (as always) and spending an hour or two just nomming on some delicious lunchies and chilling out together is always fantastic.
Then, to Saturday.
For my birthday, my Mom and Dad bought me some tickets to see the Phantom of the Opera on Broadway in New York. I've been itching to see this again. The last time I saw it, I was 15 or 16 years old and it came through Detroit on a tour. I was enthralled. Truly. I just remember the intensity of it, and the tears that I couldn't hold back at the end. It's such a beautiful story and I wanted to see it again. So, I begged and begged and finally got tickets!
I got to take two dear friends, since Mr. Porkchop is disinclined to appreciate sitting in an audience like this. So, I decided that we would make it truly awesome and a day that none of us would forget. I told them that I would take care of everything and just to show up at my house at 11 for departure. When they arrived, THIS was parked out front.
Who needs to drive themselves to NYC, when we have a friend with a stretch Expedition Limo? Awwww, yeah. I packed us up some yummy food and we hopped in for the trip up. It was the best decision, ever! Thank you, David!!
The show was even more amazing than I remembered. Spending the day with these girls and seeing such an amazing show was the best birthday, ever.
But, the best weekend wasn't over yet!!
Sunday morning brought warm temperatures (finally, but unfortunately not permanently) and sunny skies. So, obviously, a bike ride was in order! I hit the road with my favorite little Jersey contingent of pedalers and we did 40 gorgeous miles. We laughed, we avoided ginormous potholes, and we spotted a splendidly beautiful bald eagle. It was a great ride.
Tonight, my friend Sara comes by for dinner. Sharing yummy noms on a warm Sunday evening with the windows open and fresh air coming through the house.
Perfect end to a perfect weekend.



No comments:
Post a Comment