So... it's been a busy time around the Porkchop house... we've been busy spending our hard-earned cash on some new stuff around the house. And, while I hate parting with our dollars with stuff that doesn't have wheels (teehee), I admit that it's been money VERY well spent. We're both so happy about the house (inside and out) right now, that we're just... well... like pigs in poop (as the saying goes).
So, the one thing that doesn't show so well in photos is the new electrical work that we had done. NO MORE BLOWING CIRCUITS! YESSSSS!!!! WE can actually run two appliances in the kitchen without cringing! What an awesome change!
And then, there's the stuff that we CAN take photos of...
The new fence:
We no longer have to look at the piles of garbage that get blown into the old chain link fence. Car headlights from the lot behind can no longer stream through our rear windows. We can sit peacefully in our backyard. AND... it looks absolutely lovely! Who knew that we had such a nice backyard?! Next summer, we'll do some nice landscaping back there and we'll have a true oasis!
The New Dining Room:
Well, it's really the same old dining room that it has been, except that we repainted, knocked out the old corner cabinets and put in these new beautiful ones, and made some new cornices for the windows. The room is amazing. Truly one of my favorite rooms in the house, suddenly. It's clean, it's crisp, the light that comes through the light filtering blinds keeps it airy and nice. And, it's GREEN! Which is my favorite color, after all! :)
I've ben getting out on the Mountain Bike again lately... which has also been nice. It's been MANY years since I did some riding in the woods. So much has changed since those days. People no longer ride wooden wheels, there are these strange things called shocks, and the bikes practically pedal themselves. ;) OK - I might be exaggerating a bit. BUT... this is the first time I've ever ridden a full-suspension OR a 29 inch wheel, so it's quite different than "the old days." I still kinda suck at it... but I'm determined to spend this off-season getting less sucky. I might even do a race next weekend. Maybe. Perhaps... Perchance.
Happy October, everyone!!! Halloween is just around the corner (the BEST holiday EVER)! I hope you have your costumes ready! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment