Except for the snow that they're calling for this weekend. Jerks.
Really, though, you know how I know that it's spring??
Because Paris-Roubaix is this weekend!!! Ahhhh... the Spring Classics season. Currently, my favorite Wolfpack is dominating the races bring home victory upon victory for Quick Step. I'm hoping that they can keep it up for one final race. And, even more hopeful that the top step will feature this guy....
He's just so awesome.
There's another way that I know it's spring. Everyone and their brother keeps asking me about riding my bike.
Friends...
I've not touched a bicycle in over a year. Remember the whole multiple back surgeries thing???
Thing is, the question still stings. It's often followed by, "Do you miss it?"
Well, let's see... does one generally miss a body part when it's been forcibly removed?
Of course I miss it. I miss the glory of being outside pedaling with my friends. I miss the thrill of launching an attack and seeing the gap open up between me and the field. I miss the joy of crossing the finish line and knowing that I put it all on the line. I miss the open space, the air, the sound of the wind in my ears, the sunshine.
Hell, yes, I miss it.
Then, I often get, "Well, can't you just ride anyway? Like really easy, just 'go for a bike ride'?"
To which, I often look like this...
and say, "Ummm... no."
I guess the Fresh Prince was right. "Some people just don't understand."


No comments:
Post a Comment