Thursday, March 30, 2006

Out like a Lion...

Well, March is certainly heading out like a lion with all of the excitement in our lives lately!!! Dad is doing better everyday (despite the rough one here and there) and Noah is also doing well, although my brother is sick at the moment!! On another exciting (and equally frightening) note...I have made the decision to return to school in the fall. As of September 2006, I will be a Doctoral student at Temple University working toward writing my dissertation on 19th century American art...most likely focused on images of children and family portraiture. I say frightening, because I'm going to do this while working full time at CCP and keeping the rest of my life in order! It's going to be a crazy few years, but I really think I'm ready for it. Better yet, so do my professors at Temple, which makes me feel pretty cool about it.

Turkey is now only a month away. Wow...I still am having a bit of a hard time dealing with the reality that I am going to be in a country half-way around the world in a short time. It's very exciting, and I am really looking forward to going! I have been studying my Turkish, which is a really tough language, but I can introduce myself, ask how someone is, and count to 10!!! :) I'm working hard...we are having a language lesson on Friday, so I hope to be able to learn some more!

No comments: