Well, I dropped some negatives off at the Camera Shop the other day in order to put some photos of Ireland in my new Irish-green kitchen. While I was there, I began to oggle a few cameras. Yes, I think it is a sickness of some sort to want desperately to have a new photographic toy once in a while!! (I also continue to look on E-Bay for darkroom equipment so that I can turn our unfinished basement bathroom into my own little studio!)
Anywho...I have been fumbling with the idea of buying a new digital camera. The one we have was a gift from my Dad, and is very nice, although a bit out of date. It only holds about 19 photos at a time, and the program that it uses to download the images to the computer is somewhat clumsy. It would be nice to have something streamlined...quick...and easy.
But then...at the Camera Shop...I saw the Canon Rebel K2 and the Canon Rebel T2. Ahh...REAL cameras!! They use FILM!!! :) I just had visions of myself running around Istanbul with one camera (my Nikon that I got as the BEST GRADUATION GIFT EVER) filled with color film and the other chock-full of Black and White! Oh...the joy! And so the battle wages on...do I succumb to the evils of the digital photography age...or do I put my foot down and say...hey it's film or nothing?!?! Or...do I just keep my debit card in my pocket, pick up my enlargements, and leave?! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment