Boy, have I been lax in putting anything on this site. Part of the problem has been that I am so darn busy! Not typical busy stuff like work, but fun-busy stuff like traveling and going to the beach and going to my 10 year high school reunion!!! It has been a wacky month!
I was in Colorado for a week and a half. It was incredible. SOOO much fun. My sister moved to Fort Collins, so we went out there to visit. We hiked up to 11,000 feet...we went fly fishing in Poudre canyon...we went to the Big Horn Mountain Music Fesitval in Buffalo, Wyoming!! If you like rockin' kick butt bluegrass tunes, you have to check out the Wilders. They ROCK!!! It was a blast because part of the trip consistd of surprising my mom and dad for their 60th birthdays. They didn't know that my brother and I were going to be there, so we showed up at their restaurant table as the waitress and waiter! I thought my mother was going to have a heart attack! It was great. There are photos of all of this trip posted in our gallery.
Then, I went home to Michigan for my 10 year reunion. It was very interesting to see how some people hadn't changed AT ALL...neither their looks nor their personality, while others were so different that you hardly recognized them. All in all, it was a great time, and I caught up with a few friends that I am really going to try to keep in touch with!!
Then, of course, we went to the wedding to end all weddings! It was incredible...sushi bar, caviar bar, open bar!!! :) We drank, we danced, we ATE, we had COTTON CANDY for desert from the cotton candy machine. Zach and Lori...that was an incredible night..thanks for inviting us!!! :)
Today was a busy day as well...although rather light on traveling. Got up this morning and ran...about 3.5 miles. Then decided tonight to go meet up with the Outdoor Club for a ride. It was my first ride with their B-class group, and I was alone, so I was a little nervous. It started out a bit rough with a small crash 2 miles into the ride. Fortunately, it was behind me, so I remained unscathed. Several people then decided to split into a B and a B+ group. Deciding to be adventurous, I sped off with the B+ crew, only to blow a flat about a tenth of a mile up the road! They all left me there, save for two guys (Thanks Ben and Andrew) who came back to help me change the flat and then KICKED my butt for the next 3o miles!! It was a great ride. Especially since I DID NOT run over the stupid shihz-tzu dog that ran out into the street 25 miles into the ride!! Dumb Dog! I will be sleeping like a baby tonight...can't wait....need a shower!
No comments:
Post a Comment