Friday, November 10, 2006

I am a Bike Dork (Part II)

Well, I am still a bike dork...no big change there. If anything, I am now a bigger bike dork than I was before! I have officially joined a racing team for the 2007 season (and hopefully many years to come). So, how does this make me a bigger bike dork, you ask? Because now I have to go out and buy all my GEAR! :) Jerseys, shorts, socks, a skinsuit for time-trials, jackets, etc., etc., etc.!! Oh, the joy of spending hard-earned money on biking gear. Makes one get the chills with happiness! Unfortunately, I won't be seeing any of this stuff until February, so I have a long wait in store, but that's ok! I don't mind. I'm going to be riding with the girls tomorrow, so I'm really looking forward to a great winter and racing season.

On another note...the Pro Cycling world is changing a bit as Ivan Basso has just been picked up by the Discovery Team. This should make the Tour VERY interesting, considering that Disco now holds the contracts for George Hincapie, Levi Leipheimer, and Basso. They're going to clean house (as long as no one gets charged with doping!). Meanwhile, Basso's old team (my faves) CSC are banking on Zabriskie to kick everyone's butts in the time-trial and Carlos Sastre and the Schleck brothers to clean up on the hills. Should be a great race next year. Will Floyd be back? Time will only tell! :)

Check out the new photos of my mother-in-laws recent puppy adoption and my sis's new pooch! ADORABLE! Welcome to the family, Finch!

No comments: