So, a week has past since my ride at Mt. Joy. They still have not posted the official results, although an email was sent out to let us all know that they would be up early next week! Nothing like waiting a week and a half to find out how you did in a race! :)
Tomorrow morning is my first crit! I've been working hard this week to get my legs back in shape after Monster Hill! I was really amazed at how much recovery I needed to do to get them feeling better. But, I think that they're back. I spent all day yesterday working on my cornering skills. It's a little hard to do that when you're the only one there, but I was working on taking my turns straight and then pulling out of them with some speed (attempting to simulate what might happen in a race). I'm already nervous, as I know that the race tomorrow is going to be 15 miles of sprinting and pain, but I am excited to be riding with the majority of the team! 11 Sturdy Girls are riding, so we should have a lot of fun controlling the pack. And, Chuck is coming along, so I am very excited about that as well. He'll be in charge of getting some photos of me before and during the race so that I actually have something to post! :)
I suppose I'll be writing more tomorrow. For now...I'm going to be getting myself ready for bed. Nice bit of rest tonight for a big day tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment