Finally!!! I have to say this quietly, so as not to jinx anything, but i think that spring is finally here!! We are going to hit the high 60s today, and be near 80 on Sunday! Even better, it looks as if the weather is going to stay pretty static through next week. Athena has been getting mighty peeved about being on her trainer, so I know that she is staring out the dining room window today anxiously awaiting my getting home from work! She and I are going to go out and do some cornering drills today for the race on Sunday. There are now 34 women in the race. 11 of them are Sturdies, but that is still a big field for such a short, quick race.
I actually had a funny dream last night about the race. I dreamt that I got there and it was on a high school running track, which meant that we were going to have to go around that damn thing 60 times to get in our 15 miles! There weren't any sharp turns, but I was so dizzy that I wound up catching my tire in the grass and going down! Not a good dream, I tell ya!
In other news...two bike thiefs were caught last night. They stole two bikes from Keswick (a Sturdy Girl sponsor!) in Glenside and tried to get away with it at a shop outside of Lancaster! When the owner thought that they might be the theives from Keswick, he called the cops and they were arrested. Turns out they were college students from University of Delaware and were ripping off high end ($5,000) bikes.
Finally, the Tour de Georgia is currently underway. It has been interesting to have the video feed to watch, although I am looking forward to the televised version in a few weeks. Dave Z took second in the Time Trial yesterday to Levi, so that's pretty cool! GO DAVE! He rocks!
Anyway...that's about it from here...enjoy the weather, don't steal bikes, and keep on rooting for CSC! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment