Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A Faint Grumble...

I can hear it...a faint grumble from my belly from all the crap I've been eating over the past week! Turkey Day is behind us and I am desperately focused on riding my bike enough to burn off the zillion calories that entered my system between Thursday and Sunday night! :) Ugh!

It was a very nice holiday weekend, I must say. The MIL cooked a fantastic dinner on Thursday, with turkey, stuffing, potatoes, macaroni, corn, beans, etc, etc, etc.!! It was a veritable feast and everyone enjoyed themselves! We then spent the rest of the weekend decorating the house. The INSIDE of the house! That means, the construction of Chuck's Christmas village - which he is calling Chuckville, but I am referring to as Squigberg in honor of my Dad! :) Here's a photo of part of the village:


What a lovely town we have! It's been growing over the past couple of years. The first year, it was only on the fireplace mantel...then it moved to the top of the DVD cabinet. Now, it has expanded to include the mantel, cabinet, and the top of Chuck's new candy counter. A total of 10 houses, dozens of people and trees, foxes, moose, squirrels, a covered bridge, gazebo, and tour bus! Geeeez, we are such dorks at Christmas time! :)

The outside of the house is still unfinished, but the inside certainly is Christmasy! :)

No comments: