Friday, February 20, 2009

Independently Wealthy

I often wonder why I can't be independently wealthy. I mean, really? But, you get the wrong idea. It's not so that I can buy a big house, or a fancy car, or an unnecessary big screen TV. Nope...why do I want to be independently wealthy?

So I can afford to research my dissertation! :) So I don't have to pin my hopes on 83 different Fellowships, many of which ask that you sit in residence at the location. So I don't have to worry about the $50 minimum research fee at the institution that I will likely have to utilize numerous times during my dissertation work. So I don't have to juggle my job and my research in order to get things done. Yep - just so I can finish my darned degree and get on with it! :)

Anyone want to subsidize a dissertation project on early American posthumous paintings and photographs of children? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

No comments: