Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Athena's Make Over

So, when I first began racing my bike, I did this aboard Athena.


She was a great steed. Far too big for me, and quite heavy, but a wonderful bike. After my first year, though...I needed something new, so I was lucky enough to purchase Falco.

Athena stayed on as my back-up bike...getting spun out on the trainer a lot and basically functioning solely as a room ornament in our house. Until my brother decided to start racing. It seemed logical to me that he should have her...since she really was too big for me and she wasn't being used. So, I shipped her off to Michigan to be ridden by my big bro!

He raced his first year aboard her and then he, too, needed to upgrade his ride. I thought it was the end of Athena. I thought that she was going to end up shipped off to the bike graveyard or something. And then, she was reborn! My bro decided that she was perfect for a metamorphosis into a Time Trial Bike!! YAY, Athena!

I think that she looks pretty sweet with her red tape and cable housings...and she sure looks happy! Thanks, Bro, for keeping her in the family and in great use! :)

2 comments:

Aaron said...

The red isn't tape. Athena has been outfitted with one of a kind, custom RED bullhorns and TT bars with custom bright yellow bar end brakes. The brake cables are red and the bar tape a wicked black. The best part is that I did all the work myself!!

The next upgrade is a new bottom bracket and solid disc rear wheel.

Updates to follow!!

Choppah said...

Wowza...Red BARS? That's even more sa-weet than tape!

OK - you'd better send some additional pics! :)