Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Introducing...Mari.

I parted with a dear friend this past week.  Falco.  My trusty Tarmac steed, who led me to triumph in my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th seasons of racing.  My adorable blue friend who loved descending and hugging the turns.  He was a truly amazing first real racing bike and I'm so glad that I was introduced to Specialized bikes because of him.  I hope that Falco goes on to a good home and helps someone else win some serious races!!  His departure is due, primarily, to the arrival of a new girl in the stable.

I have been waiting a few years to ride the new Specialized Amira.  And, this spring, as we put our noses to the grindstone to get our bodies in top shape for the season, the crew at Twenty20 Cycling in Baltimore are hard at work helping us get our gear in order.  They are fundamentally critical to helping us make sure that our gears are shifting smoothly, that our fit is right, and that we have pristine working equipment.  This year is no exception as they help each of us build up our new framesets!!


I was fortunate enough to take my Amira (her name is Mari) out for her maiden voyage yesterday.  I was told by Kris that I would never want to ride another bike...and he was RIGHT!  The frame fits me like a GLOVE (thank you, Kris, for working with me the other night to dial her in!), and the extremely light and stiff frame is responsive.  I tend to personify my bikes (giving them names and personalities - like Bernie, who loves to lead the charge at the end of races), but in this case, it literally felt like Mari WANTED to do what I asked.  When I stood up to sprint or climb, she answered smoothly, quickly, and eagerly.  She is comfortable, fast, crisp, and an amazing ride.

THANK YOU, SPECIALIZED for your continued support of Team CAWES!


 And, did I mention that she's beautiful?!  ;)  I think I'm in love!  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's just a bike

Choppah said...

Ummm...have you seen this hot mama!?! She is waaaay more than just a bike!! :)

I'm assuming that this is my dearest husband leaving this anonymous comment?