To say that it started as a rough week would be an understatement. Well, in some ways, it started with a few exciting bits of news...
One was that the woman that I hoped would be my outside reader for my dissertation is cleared to do so! YAY! Outside reader search = complete. Now, if I can just say the same about the actual dissertation, I'll be good to go!
Unfortunately, it looked as though that bit of good news - delivered before 9 am on a Monday morning - would jinx the rest of my week. It was long, it was tiring, it was great. I was at work late on Monday for a meeting, which was a really good meeting, but getting home at 6 was tough. And, I was already running tired from some great weekend riding and catching Chuck's cooties.
Tuesday was another late night and Wednesday took the top prize with me walking in the door from work at 9:15pm. Ugh.
Thursday also included a fun event at work - the April is Art opening. This is our student show, which is always fantastic. This year was no exception. I am always in love with the color design work that the students do. One of these days, I'm going to try to purchase something from them. Really, really awesome stuff.
I stayed at the opening for a bit and then hustled home (missing two trains by seconds...grrrr) to try to make it to Greentree. On the train, I started to think that Greentree was out of the question, I was just tired, grumpy, and late. But, then, my spirits were lifted, starting with a cryptic text from my colleague/chair... "Call me?!??!" Ummm... okay. So, I called him.
B: "Congratulations!"
Me: "Um, for what?"
B: "Your promotion!"
Me: "WHAT?" (several people on the train turned around to glare at me for my outburst)
B: "Sharon just emailed us - you got the promotion!"
Me: "Oh, my God... that is awesome!"
I checked my email to make sure it was true. It was!
Somebody (Associate Professor Porkchop) needs to get new business cards!
No comments:
Post a Comment