Monday, November 18, 2013

A Silent Film

No, not this type of silent film...


THIS type of A Silent Film.


On Friday evening, just prior to walking up to the show from a lovely dinner in Chinatown (to be further discussed at a later date, perhaps), I was informed that I was going to see a hipster band.  I was unsure how that was supposed to work.  Did that mean that I was a hipster and was unaware of the fact?  Did it mean I would be surrounded by hipsters at the show?  Did it mean that the members of the band were, in fact, hipsters themselves?  It was all very confusing.

Nonetheless, JeanneMarie and I went to the show and thoroughly enjoyed it!  The band was great.  They didn't play a very long set, and I left wishing that I had heard a few more of my favs, but all in all, it was a fine show for an up and coming band.

And, just to be clear, I did attempt to make judgments upon my fellow concert goers as to what social category they might best fit (hipster, Gen X'ers, punks, neo-punks, etc.) and I was again at a loss.  I wasn't able to count more tight pant wearing men than usual, there were the standard handful of post-middle-aged folks, and the two blondes who stood behind us screaming about new boots or something during the majority of the show.

So, I don't know... you tell me... am I an unconscious hipster?

No comments: