Hey there...
I haven't posted in a while. That was mainly due to the fact that I was trying to heal. And, the process was going pretty slowly.
In fact, last Wednesday, I was laying on the couch - hurting quite a bit - and Mr. Porkchop looked at me and said, "Are you ok?" Fighting back tears, I just said, "No." and closed my eyes. I knew not to expect the pain to disappear immediately, but after nearly 3 weeks, I was beginning to get a little depressed.
And then... it happened... I woke up exactly 3 weeks after surgery and I felt better. I went to the gym and walked on the treadmill. Only for one mile and not too fast, but I walked. I then went to work and got my new office ready.
I was anticipating coming home and feeling the pain. I thought for sure, "I've done too much today." But then, I got home. And, I felt ok. When I got up the next morning, I still felt ok.
I went back to the gym and walked for 1.5 miles. Still good.
The next day, I did 2 miles.
The next day, I did 2 miles FASTER.
There's still some pain, don't get me wrong. We went to a movie last night and by the end, my leg was on fire. But, a few seconds after standing up, the pain dissipated and was gone. In short, I think that I've finally turned a corner towards full recovery.
A huge thank you again to the surgical staff at Atlas Spine and Virtua Mount Holly. Amazing, amazing all around.
Thanks to everyone who checked in, came by to say hi, sent lovely messages and notes, and just generally sent warm thoughts. It helped. I swear!
Tomorrow, I go back to work. I start officially as Department Head and am hoping for a great couple of years in that position.
Soon, I will be back on the bike. I will take it easy, I will go slowly. But, I will smile for every mile I get to pedal!
No comments:
Post a Comment