So, the surgery was last week. It went well and I'm happy to say that I'm up and moving pretty decently and, as of today, I've taken a shower and decided that I no longer need the pain meds. I'm still wearing my back brace and taking things as easy as I can, but I'm feeling good and definitely on the road to solid recovery.
There's still a bit of pain in my rump and leg on occasion, but I was told that this was expected and to give the nerves some time to relax and stop firing. Even then, the pain that I feel there is minimal and occasional, so I'm sure that it will subside over time.
As for the surgery itself... Virtua in Mount Holly was great! They took such awesome care of me and I'm so pleased with how everything went. There were only a few bumps along the way - like when they tried to put the IV into the back of my hand. That was a major no-go. OUCH. The bruise I'm now sporting there is my favorite shade of purple and covers the entire back of my hand. It's pretty rad.
And, then there was the long drive home that culminated in my gastro-pyrotechnical display out the window. Let me tell you... sedation meds plus a lot of stop and go rush hour traffic = NOTHING GOOD!!
Other than that, things have been going pretty well. The first two days were pretty painful. It was hard to get up from or down to a laying position. But, today, I can pretty easily get up and down as I wish.
Taking a shower was a glorious thing. It feels so good to have washed hair! :) And, if that's my biggest joy of the day today, I'll take it!
Thanks for all of the awesome messages and such! I can't wait to be back at work, on the bike, and just out and about with all of you!
No comments:
Post a Comment