I've been wondering this a bit myself lately. See, I thought weekends included Saturday and Sunday. On occasion, of course, they can include a Friday or a Monday - see Long Weekend. But, never, ever should they include Tuesdays.
But, here I am...sitting at home on a Tuesday - the fourth day of my weekend.
Now, I'm sure a lot of you are sitting there thinking...what the hell are you complaining about, Porkchop?! But, here's the thing. I'm bored. Yep, I said it. I am bored. I've already taken care of all of my schoolwork for the rest of the week. Assuming that we have a "rest of the week," mind you. With this happening...
...who knows when we'll be able to leave the house for bread and milk again.
And hey... when the hell did we start naming snow storms? I mean, I understand naming things like Hurricanes and stuff. But, snow storms?! What the heck? It's just a snow storm, people. Yes, it fouls up traffic and closes schools, but it's not going to wipe out the eastern seaboard or turn New York city into this:
And, you know... if it does... I welcome all of the "I told you so" comments to this post that you can muster.
Until then... shovel your walks, salt your steps for the Postal carrier, build a snowman or a snow angel (depending on the packable quality of the snow), drink some wine, schnuggle with your honey, and hope that Wednesday becomes Monday and not Sunday #3.
Cheers, folks!

1 comment:
Weather Channel's fault. They wanted to get people's attention so they started naming Winter Storms. It worked.
Post a Comment