So, let me tell you a little story about a stupid Porkchop who drove 9 hours in a car and then woke up a few hours later to do a heinously hard group ride for 3+ hours.
She did this... only to feel the return of pain in the nerve in her leg. Yup... the same pain that laid her up for nearly 8 months last year and led to spinal surgery.
Stoooopid Porkchop.
Then, her very goodest friend looks at this stupid Porkchop and says, "Have you been doing your exercises?"
"Ummmm...."
REALLY stooooopid Porkchop.
So, in an effort to get back into the good graces of her now sore nerve and tight and achey back, the Porkchop returns to her regularly scheduled regimen of stretching, ab workouts, and balancing drills. And, things begin to feel better.
This week, as the pain still lingers a bit, I decided to start going back to yoga. Now, I'm not jumping into the Power Yoga stuff that I was doing over a year ago. While I really enjoyed sweating my butt off while contorting my body into strange positions, I also really enjoy having a body that works. So, I decided to take it a bit easier and attend a nice Vinyasa class.
It was great. My back started to loosen up, the nerve pain started to dissipate, and I generally began to feel good again. I went to another class today and followed that up with intense intervals on the bike. Again - I'm feeling really good afterward. Yay.
I've become VERY attentive to my body and to its communications with me. A little pain in certain areas - like my arms after an hour of planks and downward dogs - is fine. Pain in my nerve or in my back - is not ok.
That needs attention.
Of a variety of types.
Including yogo or cupcakes.
I'm just saying that they help.
No comments:
Post a Comment