Monday, May 12, 2014

Riding and Driving and Eating... OH MY!

It's been a whirlwind.  So much has been going on that just yesterday, Mr. Porkchop says... "Um, you haven't updated your blog lately."  I was like, "Yeeeaaahh... well..."

So, here goes!

April went out like a lion - not in terms of weather, but in terms of busy.  The semester ended with a week of VERY long days.  If I wasn't at work late for grading, I was there late for Awards Ceremonies, celebrations of students and colleagues, or something else.  It was AWESOME.  And, it was exhausting!

Chuck and I went to Disney for a conference and he got to spend some quality time with his Dad and Deb.  They were so fantastic and it was so great to see them.  We went to the Magic Kingdom (Yay, Pirates and Haunted Mansion!!)...


and spent some time in Hogsmeade.


Chuck even let me buy a wand!! Accio Big Glass of Red Wine!


After that was graduation and a post-graduation party here at our house.  It was lovely to have the colleagues over for the day and just spend some time chatting and eating.

Then, it was off to Cincinnati to visit with the Grams!  I drove out last week and spent some time out there.  It was lovely.  She's just the cutest thing ever.  My Mom and Dad were out there as well, so it was nice to spend some time with all of them.

Then, I drove home.  I got up the next morning and did a 3+ hour ride with the boys.  Yeah, that went less well than I had planned, but at least I got out there.

I woke up this morning finally beginning to feel less like I've been run over my a truck and then tramples by a herd of spitting llamas.

Riding and racing has been going ok.  My back doesn't like really long rides and gets tired if I spend too much time in the drops, but it's definitely coming around.  I'm still working on my core strength and doing all of my exercises.  I think that the season will end up being great in the long run... even if I don't manage a win all year!  :)  I'm so happy to be back out there with the girls and am really enjoying my time with them.

OK - back to work with me!

No comments: