So... here we go... in no particular order.
1. Dubiously Awesome: I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus by: everyone who ever wanted to sing a cute little song about witnessing their mom cheating on their father with a big hairy dude in a red suit.
Srsly. This song is adorable. Especially the John Mellencamp version with the little kid voices at the end singing about Mommy kissing Santa.
But, srsly... the lyrics? "What a laugh it would have been..."? My thoughts are if Mr. Porkchop came downstairs and found me smooching some dude under the mistletoe, the last thing he'd do is laugh.
2. Just dubious: Baby, It's Cold Outside.
I've always loved the Ray Charles version of this song. Perhaps because it's Ray Charles and it sounds like he's singing with Miss Piggy. But, I digress...
The other day, I heard the Dean Martin and Martina McBride version and it hit me...
This song is a bit questionable... if you listen very carefully to the lyrics... it's kinda date-rapey. She keeps saying no, he keeps begging for some booty. And, then, there's the line about the drink... "Hey, what's in this drink?" ROOFIES?!?! Not so sure that this is the best Christmas-themed song. Unless, of course, you watch the original version, which is hilarious...
3. Just plain Awesome... Baby, Please Come Home.
Bono. Singing a Christmas song begging "me" to come home to him? Yes, please. Larry Mullen, Jr. will be there, too, right?? :)
Bono. Singing a Christmas song begging "me" to come home to him? Yes, please. Larry Mullen, Jr. will be there, too, right?? :)
4. The Most Dubiously Awesome Pairing Ever...
The Killers: Don't Shoot Me Santa and Boots
Every year, The Killers put out a new Christmas song (which reminds me that I need to go download the 2014 version today). The past few years have included a really gorgeous ballad called Boots that reminisces about family and the holidays and includes a really touching video, and a tongue-in-cheek, super cheeky song about a Santa who takes care of his naughty list in a particularly tough manner.
I might also nominate "Don't Shoot Me Santa" for the best, bad Christmas sweaters in a music video.
I might also nominate "Don't Shoot Me Santa" for the best, bad Christmas sweaters in a music video.
5. Another dubious pairing of a different type.
Bing Crosby.
And David Bowie.
I feel that I need to say nothing more.
Happy Christmas, all!
No comments:
Post a Comment