Friday, February 20, 2015

OH EM GEE

So, this post is a bit delayed, but I've been swamped and posting here has been on the back burner.  It will be on the back burner for a while after I get this out, probably, but I had to post this because it's kewl.

I got to meet one of my true idols a couple of weeks ago.  A cyclist whose guts and whose style has inspired me numerous times in races.  He suffers like no other and I use that as a key to unlocking my ability to suffer whenever possible.

Mr. Jens Voigt.

Check it out!!


He was seriously one of the sweetest people I've ever met.  He was funny and gave each person his undivided attention (even if it was only for a moment or two).

I had him sign my State Championship Jersey and told him why - because the two elite titles that I won were in "Jensy-style" - gutsy attacks that led to me telling my legs repeatedly to "shut up" until they hit the finish line.


He had his World Record Hour TT bike with him - it was so cool.  And, while some of the slogans that appear on the top tube might not be safe for work or for children's eyes, they're funny and so representative of this guy's humor and style.



I feel honored to have had the chance to meet and speak with him.  Thanks to Teresa, the EPS team, and the Trek Store in Middletown for hosting Jens and for letting me crash the party!  ;)


I had a blast photobombing your team photo with Jens.  Don't worry, World, I'm not a complete jerk - they have a few lovely shots without my silly face in the background!

:)

No comments: