Tuesday, July 26, 2016

No Bikes... This Time

I'm going "home" to see my brother and his family soon.  I'm going to see my niece and nephew for the first time in way too many years.  I'll admit it... I'm a little nervous about it.  It was easy when they were tiny... kids at that age either love you to pieces or scream bloody murder if you look at them!  Now, these kids are actually little people that will look at me and think, "What a DORK." or "Gee... our Aunt Porkchop is kinda cool."

I know that our other nieces and nephews think those things simultaneously, so it's not like I'm rooting for one or the other.

OK - I'm lying.... I TOTALLY want to be the cool Aunt.

Right?  I mean... SERIOUSLY, who doesn't want to be the cool Aunt.  The one that isn't totally like a grown up.  The one that gets really into some of the same things that you're into.  The one that does cool stuff like race bikes (oh, wait.... I said this one wouldn't be about bikes...).  SRSLY... I hope I'm the cool Aunt.

But, more than anything, I want to get to know who these little people have become.  And, get a sense for who they might turn out to be in the long run.  I'm really excited to get to spend time with them.  I'm excited to hear about soccer and cheerleading and school and their friends and all of that good stuff.

And, I just hope that they are equally excited to hang out with their Dorky/Cool Aunt.


No comments: