Thursday, August 10, 2017

To Pig, or Not to Pig...

This year has been one of great change.  Retiring from racing has been challenging mentally and emotionally.  Physically, I've been lucky to replace one sport with another one that doesn't cause me pain.  So, getting in the pool has been a literal lifesaver for me.

And, you know... swimming is a lot cheaper than cycling... so, I've managed to save a lot of money this year!  Which is pretty cool.

But, I still miss so much about the cycling scene.  The people.  The speed.  The travel to awesome places.  My team. 

Since I've not been putting out lots of $$ on bikes and such this year, I have funneled that money to other things: our bathroom remodel fund (which is currently being spent - more on that in a future post!!), a tattoo (sorry, Mom!!!), and I recently decided that I would go from bike racer to bike SPONSOR.

Yep... I've decided to sponsor the team for the next two years!  It feels like a good way to put some of my money back to a team that gave me so much in such a short time.  So, for the next two years, the Riptide-CAWES kits will include a little magic piggy... with WINGS! 

Though the new kit has yet to be revealed, I know that they are going to be amazing.  And, I'm proud to have my "face" appear on them! 

The decision to become a sponsor was so easy.  It just felt totally natural to step into that role after years of being the beneficiary of so many amazing sponsors.  How could I not give back?  



No comments: