Saturday, May 06, 2006

Pickles

Chuck and I just got home from spending the night down at the beach house. A little anniversary weekend getaway before I get-away to Turkey on Monday. Anywho...we are driving back and I see a sign outside of one of the small diner/restaurants that dot the road that we take which reads..."PICKLED CLAMS". Clams??? PICKLED???? What the heck is this about??? And it made me think...pickled eggs...pickled beets...pickled pig's feet....the fact is, NOTHING SHOULD BE PICKLED BUT...PICKLES!!!!
Pickles are the only food that should be eaten in pickled form. I'm sure many will disagree (particularly about the pig's feet), but this is just my opinion...Which, coming from someone whose family owns a pickle factory (that does make pickled pig's feet), I feel has some sense of validity! What will they think of next...pickled Peeps!?!? Anyway...I guess this is a lot like the whole Saturday Night Live argument of "Chick pea...it is neither a chick, nor a pea....discuss." All comments welcome!

No comments: