No, this is not a post about the Barenaked Ladies' song!! It's about my nerves being all riled up and ready to go to Istanbul!! The biggest worry on my mind at this point is money! Not whether or not I have any, but exchanging it and all that sort of thing. Other than that little nagging fear of getting there and not being able to get cash, I'm feeling good! One of my students came by today and gave me a BEAUTIFUL head wrap to wear in the mosques. It is a gorgeous deep maroon color with beads around the top. Very pretty...she's going to show me how to wear it on Wednesday! :) Fun, fun!
On a ridiculous note...even though this is an embarrassing story, I thought I would share. I was out running this morning around the lake near our house....just as I was running under a tree, I felt something hit the top of my head...thinking that I had been bombarded by a kamikaze squirrel (we have those in NJ and PA, you know), I reached up only to find that I had been attacked by another animal....yep...a bird....poop...on my head! :P Crazy birds...I definitely ran faster after that, so I could get home and TAKE A SHOWER!!! EWWWW...:) Comes with the territory, I guess!
No comments:
Post a Comment