The crew meeting in Manayunk!
During our stop at the "Kiwk-E-Mart," Dana decided to buy everyone gummy hot dogs! Boy, were they yummy! :P It wasn't really a "Kwick-E-Mart," but that's ok!
We made a stop at the Farm Park to refill water. The funny part was that the bottles don't fit under the fountain, so the only way to fill up was to fill the cap and pour it into the bottle, then fill the cap again, etc. It actually worked quite well once you got the hang of it!Including our water/potty break and stop at the Mart, we were out on the road for right about 5 hours...4 hours and 10 minutes of which was on the bike. We covered 70 miles at a leisurely average of 15.6 mph. Pretty good, considering we had a tandem with us and we climbed a lot of hills! :) What a great day...I'm so happy to be a Sturdy!
Now, it's time to get ready for my next race. Brownstown is this weekend, so I am looking forward to the course and the race. George and I are headed out to Lancaster on Thursday to check out the course and preview the 3 courses for the stage race next weekend. Wow...I have a stage race next weekend!!! Yikes!
No comments:
Post a Comment