Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Rest Day!

Ahhh...a day of rest...everyone should have one! My Wednesday off. I visited my mother-in-law to just sit and chat for a while. They had to put one of the dogs to sleep over the weekend (don't worry, they still have 8 living dogs...and three cats:) ). Weebles was 18 years old! She was a German Shepherd mix and was the sweetest dog. She was completely mild mannered and adorably cute. She loved attention and always wanted to be at your feet so that you could scratch her. She was brought home by my father-in-law while he was on duty as a police officer. She was just a little stray that they took in to give a good home. And a good home, she had! She lived a long and happy life with my in-laws.

I spent part of the day doing a bit of shopping...I needed to pick up a few last things in order to send a goodie-box to my mom and dad. Lots of big days for them this month...wedding anniversary, Father's day, mom's birthday, and today, mom had surgery to remove a nerve bundle from her foot. This thing has been causing her a ton of pain when she walks, and so she finally went to the doctor and they diagnosed the nerve bundle. Turns out it's only a minor issue to have it removed, so that's what she's doing. The surgery was early this morning and she was home and sleeping by noon. I hope that she ends up feeling great...that is, after the do the OTHER foot! :P

Tonight, I am headed to Heather's house for Sushi dinner! Yum!

No comments: