We didn't really get a new TV, but we did get a new TV service. We recently got Verizon Fios hooked up. For those who are wondering...it's pretty good so far, although we have had to place a few calls to tech support since it was installed a few weeks ago. I'm hoping that this is primarily due to the service being new in our area and not due to the fact that the service is crappy. I guess we'll find out as we go along.
Anyway...the issue is that the TV is now essentially our TV guide! All of the channels are listed on the screen and you can see what's coming on next in the menus and such. Since we do not have a 12-foot-wide-flat-screen-HD-cooks-dinner-and-does-the-laundry-but-I-only-paid-$16,000-for-it TV, but an "old fashioned" 30-something inch *gasp* it's not even a flat screen, I realize that I am having a heck of a time seeing the TV from across the room. Especially the little text that appears when you click on the menu. Oh, crud. I have had glasses to see far away for years. Although, the last time I had the prescription changed was probably 6 years ago. I've come to the realization that I need to go back to the eye doctor and have them checked out. Phooey!
No comments:
Post a Comment