Sunday, November 29, 2009

Christmas Time is Here Again


Now that the Turkey has been properly given its respects, Chuck has insisted that we immediately move on to the Christmas season!

The day after Thanksgiving, we put out a bunch of house decorations. Yesterday, we put up the tree, and today we finished the exterior decor by putting up the lights on the tree outside and hanging the wreath on the chimney. We are now officially Christmas-ed out and ready to go. I even have a gift wrapped already! Hehe! Mainly, it's wrapped because it's too big to hide and if I don't wrap it, Chuck will find it and know what I got for him!

Other Christmas traditions have also begun.

1. I got the first (of many) phone calls during which my mom makes every singing Christmas animal serenade me. I got the chicken-clucking version of Jingle Bells, the cow-mooing version of Silent Night, and the really bad Santa singing We Wish You a Merry Christmas in tune-less monotone. It was GREAT!

2. Quin has begun his assault on the Christmas Tree. For him, it's like his very own Mount Everest that he must summit each year in order to maintain his status as the most annoying cat in the house!

3. We have purchased (and consumed) a bag of Christmas candy from CVS. The first of many.

4. I have made my first batch of Date and Nut bread (nom, nom, nom).

That's it for now. More Christmas pleasantries are ahead, I am sure!



No comments: