Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Happy Christmas!

I'm a little delayed in wishing everyone a Happy Christmas, but I suppose it's better late than never.

It was a banner Christmas over here at our house. Chuck got me some sweet goodies, including a Flip Video Camera and a giant toolbox full of bike tools and a maintenance book. He has me on my way toward my New Year's Resolution, which is to spend less time and money at the bike shop getting my bike fixed up. I'm going to learn as much as I can so that I can do a lot of minor mechanical stuff myself. Who knows...maybe I'll become the team mechanic! :) My mom sent me some gorgeous clothes and socks (I was in desperate need of socks!) and Chuck's mom got us a new TV set. We've now moved into the 21st century, with a 37 inch flat screen. I love that it makes everyone look fat!! :)

Chuck's Dad got the whole family a trip to Disney for the 4 days following Christmas. Unfortunately for us, we had a minor disaster at the house and were unable to go. I'm so incredibly bummed out about missing the trip. I was really looking forward to spending some quality time with my nieces and nephews (not to mention my brother and sisters-in-law). So, thanks to a faulty sump pump - we spent our departure day mopping water out of the cellar and installing two new pumps. Grrrrr....

Anywho...we are enjoying some time off for the holidays. The weekend is going to include a trip down to Baltimore to visit with the team - team training session on Saturday or Sunday (depending on the weather) and a party at Jen's house on Saturday night! :)

Well - that's it for now. I'll work on getting something taped with my Flip! Maybe a fun video of the cats doing something nutty! :)

No comments: