Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Change

I'm trying to figure out if I am good at dealing with change. My thought at the moment is that I'm trying to be good at it. But, the reality is that it challenges me. I suppose it challenges everyone.

Some change is undoubtedly good. The shift from a cruddy job to the job of your dreams. The change that involves finding the perfect life partner. The change of meeting new friends that affect your life in a positive way.

Some change is less obviously categorized. That's the change that I am currently struggling with. Change that clearly has a positive and negative to its character. An alteration in my life that was inevitable due to the choices I've made, but nonetheless brings with it an undesirable outcome. So, my conundrum is how to deal with this? How do I allow myself to embrace the decision that I've made (I have no doubt that it was the RIGHT decision) and simultaneously accept the consequences of the action; consequences that I knew would occur but do not want. Therein lies my dilemma.

No comments: