To think that only one year ago, I was "pledging" CAWES. Crossing my fingers that the girls would like me on and off the bike. Hoping that I would be asked to join an amazing team of women that I highly respect and admire. I feel like I was really lucky. (Lucky that they didn't realize what a goofball I was until it was too late!! Bwah-ha-ha-ha-haaaa!)
Now, after 12+ months, the team has changed a lot. While there are aspects of these alterations that make me sad, the reality is that I'm trying to remind myself that change is a part of life and that it can be good.
So, as 2011 nears, I find myself surrounded yet again by an amazing group of women. A group of women who have a consistent set of goals for the bike and who LOVE spending time together off the bike. Therefore, this is my year of the Wasabi! I hope that we can win some races, show off some decent skills in the NRC circuit, and compete in the Liberty Classic again. But, regardless of what our stats look like at the end of the season, I know that this will be a great year to be green.
No comments:
Post a Comment