Generally speaking, I feel that small venues provide a more intimate and relaxed setting for a show. When you're going to a stadium show, your expectation for lavish displays and grandiose performance is heightened. Take a U2 concert, for example. With their latest stadium tour, they have turned to putting the stage in the center of the arena, expanding walkways out in to the crowd and dropping huge television screens from the sky! Now, their shows are still utterly amazing...but, I can't even fathom the intensity of seeing them in a tiny venue like the Electric Factory. One day, many years from now, when the Killers are playing Lincoln Financial Field to 50,000, I'll be able to say that I saw Brandon Flowers with 999 of my closest friends at the Electric Factory.
The show last night was AWESOME. The man has the most amazing voice. The power behind his performance was incredible (as was his band) and it was truly fantastic to get to see him in such an intimate setting. Soooo glad I was there with Dana and Sara! Thanks, ladies for a great night!
No comments:
Post a Comment