Thursday, January 03, 2013

January

To say that January is going to be a busy and exciting month would be a grand understatement.  I have a suspicious feeling that this semester, like the last one, is going to pass before my eyes faster than The Flash with an intense need to find a bathroom.


The next few weeks on the calendar are already marked up with things like the start of in-service meetings, the start of classes, my birthday (yay...), a day trip to D.C. to visit with a sponsor, a not-so-surprise-surprise party, a trip to the Netherlands, and lots of dissertating!  YIPES!  

This semester is bound to be very challenging.  I am in Honors full time this semester - which means that I will be lecturing in Honors several times.  This is a good thing - as I really liked the opportunity to teach on readings that were new to me.  But, it's also intensely stressful because it's a totally different type of lecturing than that which I do in normal classes.  But, I'm looking forward to it.  

I'm still crossing my fingers that my Art 205 course will run.  It's got low enrollment at the moment, but I'm hopeful that we'll get some last minute students to sign up.  

I have a feeling that May is going to be here before I know it... I'd better go get to work!  Later Gators!

No comments: