I have my follow up with the ortho on Monday. Fingers are crossed that I will be given the full green light (or green flag, as the case may be) to get back on the road on my bike. The pain is now nearly gone...I get some back soreness at the end of the day, and I'm still pretty reliant upon my anti-inflammatory pills to keep things from getting too inflamed. But, I'm ready to get back. I'm ready to be back on the bike and riding/training with my AMAZING teammates and friends.
Speaking of my teammates, they have been RIPPING it UP out there! So many podiums for BadKat and Little D and BChan that I can barely keep track of them. You should keep an eye on them on the team blog. I'm so proud of them and SO ready to be back out there with them - even if I'm just pack-fodder. To be back in the Wasabi and Orchid and back on Mari is now a near reality. YAY!
I've been doing lots of core work - I'm sure that my dream of having six-pack abs will never happen (I love sweet fruit and Diet Pepsi waay too much), but a strong core that keeps my back in line is definitely in the cards!
The dissertation process is still underway...I'm at one of those slightly frustrating points where I am waiting for feedback and can't really do anything. Sigh. Talk about testing one's patience. If I can get through this, I think I can survive just about anything that forces me to wait. And wait. And wait.
Speaking of waiting...my bestest friend in the world is currently waiting on the arrival of her first baby! I'm VERY excited about this and can't wait to travel to the other side of the nation to meet Baby A later this summer. She's due this Sunday, so the little one may arrive any day now. I'm hoping that, for her sake, the peanut decides to be on time or just barely late... I'm not sure that another two weeks of patience are in the cards!! Plus, we all want to know what crazy name they've chosen for her.... I've thought of suggesting a few... but I figure DeadSpin can do it for me. ;)
So, come on, Baby A! We're WAITING!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment