Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Seven Tubs and Seven Hours of Peaceful Sleep

I had to travel to Wilkes-Barre, PA this past weekend.  If you've never been to Wilkes-Barre, allow me to say that it's a quaint little town in Luzerne County.  It has some really pretty areas, but it's a bit of a sad place, too.  While there's a Wegman's in town, there are only a few additional grocery stores and they're less than ideal.  Not a lot of fresh fruit, not a lot of fresh veggies, and a TON of processed foods.  Still, I've been there several times over the past few years... once for the PA State Criterium Championships and twice for conferences with students. 

This conference was great and fun.  They tend to be a tad bit boring on occasion, as they're more for the students than the advisors.  So, when Saturday rolled around and we had less than a ton to do, my advisor-friend Bill and I decided to find something to do.  A quick Google search revealed the Seven Tubs Nature Area. It was quite pretty and the hike up to the top of the falls was fun! 


Though we had breakfast available on Sunday morning, I decided to hit the road after the last session on Saturday night and sleep in my own bed (not the new one, yet...).  Plus, we had much to do the next day to get the new bed finished, moved in, and ready for our first night!

We were slightly derailed when we decided to hit the local Flea Market with the In-laws!  It was GREAT, actually.  I mean, it was a completely awesome people watching paradise, but we actually found some cool stuff.  I picked up a beautiful little daguerreotype of a young woman for $15.  She's gorgeous and the piece is in really wonderful condition.  Her cheeks are tinted pink and her jewelry is painted with gold.  Really stunning.  I simply couldn't pass it up!  It's not the best image of her, but here she is!


The first night's sleep on the new bed was wonderful.  We both slept like babies.  The larger mattress is wonderful and it's so fantastic to feel a solid and high quality mattress underneath us.  And, my back and hip didn't hurt!!  :)  We're VERY happy.  Even if I did hit my head on the new headboard once!  ;) 

No comments: