Well...the bad news about last night's concert was that Jeanne was unable to go with me! She found herself a bit under the weather, and just couldn't make it out. Which meant that, despite my attempts to find myself another "date", Chuck had to go with me. Problem...he is neither a Coldplay fan, nor much of a concert-going fan! Nevertheless, he humored me by going along!
The good news was that the show was really good! They are a dynamic group of performers...Chris Martin spent the majority of the show running (or rolling) around the stage or jamming at the piano. I must acknowledge however, the Bono-esque entrance with Martin in front of a huge TV screen a-la Zoo TV tour in 96. We also got an impromptu song from the guitarist, which was great. All in all...I enjoyed the show and wouldn't mind taking them in again in the future...if they ever return to the US! Philly was apparently their last tour stop "for a long while" (which prompted cheers from the crowd....hmmm...people were happy that they weren't going to be back???). While it was no U2 show...it was really pretty cool.
I would add a photo, but unlike the rest of the world that came packing their digital cameras...I just enjoyed the moment! I found it hilarious that people all around me were watching the show through their cameras so that they could video tape it instead of actually watching the band. I guess they figure they can always watch the video later...kind of removes the significance of being at a live show though, eh?
No comments:
Post a Comment