Monday, April 24, 2006

14 Days

Two weeks...that's it...only two weeks until I am on a plane to Turkey. Yippee! I'm getting excited and nervous all at the same time! :)

What a great weekend...we were supposed to have our annual Spring movie night on Friday, but due to some inclement weather, we were forced to reschedule for the beginning of May. Instead, we went bowling with Jim, Jeanne, and the kids. Had a great time just hanging out and drinking some drinks while we bowled. I'm still getting used to my new bowling ball...Chuck assures me that I will get better with this one, but I'm not too good to begin with, so I'm not holding my breath! :)

Saturday night, we went to see Brian's show at the Tin Angel with Reuter, Jim, and Jeanne. The show was a lot of fun...even though we had to get there amid a veritable downpour!! It was the first time that Reuter and Jim had seen him play, and they were both pretty impressed! They really enjoyed it and Jimmy ended up buying a few CD's before we left.

Sunday morning, (yes, after having been out the night before drinking at Brian's show!) Reuter, Chuck, and I got up to run the Dash for Organ Donor Awareness 10K at Kelly Drive. After the great parking struggle, I ended up parking at CCP and jogging down to the museum for the start....it was a good warm up! :) The weather was really pretty nice...it was cool and a bit drizzly at first, but that actually was ok. The run went well, although as of this morning, they still do not have me posted in the results!! I swear I was there! :)

All in all...fun weekend. Now, it's back to work and all that good stuff!! :):)

No comments: