Thursday, June 21, 2007

Intervals...yeah....

I spent the morning doing some rockin' intervals around Cooper River and Knight's Park. I hopped over to the bike shop to check out some new shoes (and to drool over my dream bike a little more). I like to stop in and say hi to him once in a while, just in case I ever collect the cash to buy him. This way, he knows who I am ahead of time. It's like getting used to a new friend! :)

Dinner with Heather and Greg last night was very nice. They're so much fun to talk to and hang out with. I test rode Heather's Litespeed so that I could compare Titanium to Carbon. Honestly, maybe I am not as savvy as other people, or my toosh doesn't have the same reaction, but most bikes feel pretty much the same to me. There are very slight differences, but nothing that would make me absolutely rule one type of material out. For me, the concerns are more about weight, fit, and componenets. I would like something light, something with Ultegra at least, but ideally Dura Ace, and something that feels good. As far as I'm concerned, it can be made out of styrofoam! As long as it's going to hold up to a good race beating, I'm not overly particular with material. I am partial to Carbon, but not averse to anything else. I guess we'll just wait and see what I end up with, if anything! :)

1 comment:

Karyn and Eric said...

braham!I think certain frame materials have more flex than others, and would make a difference if you were really cranking on the bike. For the average person I don't think it matters that much. I noticed a huge difference when I went from my steel MTB to an aluminum one...steel absorbed a lot more of the bumps.