That's it! Another year under my belt....considering that I feel better than I did at 21, I'd say I'm doing pretty well for myself. I thought about it today...Where did I think I'd be when I hit (dare I say it) 30?
- I have a job - full time, with benefits, and I enjoy going to work everyday
- I have a husband - a great man who takes care of me, especially when I don't really think I need taking care of (but I do!)
- I have a house - a cute, little house that I love working on and love living in
- I have my health - and more - I ride my bike every day and LOVE every pedal stroke, I race my bike every spring and summer, and LOVE crossing the finish line (or not, as sometimes happens!)
- I have my family and friends - an INCREDIBLE circle of people who accept and love me for...well, me (and I know that can't always be easy!)
So, my birthday has come (and is about to go) on a great note. I got to have dinner at my favorite restaurant complete with a nice bottle o' vino, I had birthday cake with the hubs and the in-laws, and I got some gift cards to put towards my new Tarmac! What more could a gal want?
Thanks to all of my birthday well-wishers....it was great to receive so many emails, phone calls, and renditions of "Happy Birthday" (Matthew...I think yours was the winner!!!)!
No comments:
Post a Comment