Her first adventure included climbing into the middle of our Christmas tree!!!
Cute! She's a sweet cat...loves to sleep on your head, loves to play, has already started fetching toys and bringing them back, and the others all love her. She's a great addition to the family. And my mom and dad loved her, too! Even if my mom (rightly) thinks we're insane for now having FOUR cats! Thank god I'm married, or I might end up a lonely old cat lady! :)
Follow along as I drop bits of my life on the blog room floor. Hopefully, some of this journey will be interesting. Most of it, I imagine, will just be downright normal. Alas...here we are.
Wednesday, January 02, 2008
New Addition
OK...so, shortly after I posted about the surprise that I couldn't share until my mom and dad arrived, my friend Karyn calls. Turns out, my post was not as innocuous as I had anticipated and poor Karyn was under the suspicion that our surprise had to do with the pitter patter of little feet. She was not completely wrong about that. What she was wrong about was the type of feet that would be pitter-pattering around our house. Yep...the crazy cat lovers have added another furry feline to the roost! Please welcome Cuchulainn (pronounced Coo-Hool-Lin) to our family!
Her name (Chuck's choice) is that of an Irish hero well known for having fits of rage during which he becomes invincible. The name fits every time she jumps on the head of her 14 pound brother in a galant attempt to wrestle! He flips her over and she just jumps up and attacks again! Of course, her name has been shortened to numerous nicknames like: Coo, Cuey, Cootie, Cutie, Chewy, and Cujo. She's a Torby, which means she's part tortoise-shell and part tabby cat. She's striped, but then she also has patches of colors. She's quite pretty and has a funny little brown mark on her pink nose that makes it look like her nose is dirty!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment