Thursday, January 24, 2008

Horoscopes

Now, I've never put a whole lot of stock in Horoscopes, although I have always enjoyed reading them...just to see what they say. Today, however, I have to admit that my horoscope seems oddly fitting.

It said something like, "Keep things in perspective. Do not let your emotions get the best of you, as it will certainly be your downfall."

Now, allow me to explain the relevance to my life this morning (and please keep in mind that it is only 7:47 am as I write this!).

I woke up this morning in a bit of anxiety. See my last post! The anxiety is caused by the combination of excitement about purchasing my new bike and the terror of knowing that I'm spending more money in two weeks than I have spent on myself in the last two years or so! Anxiety abound!! But, hey...keep it in perspective. I don't spend money like this on a regular basis, so I should be able to restore my savings in no time. And, after all, it's only money! I have a job, so more comes in every couple of weeks, right? Right! Phew...there's one thing off my shoulders.

Next, I realized that I had left my jump drive in the classroom computer...AGAIN! I seem to have a need to have this thing glued to my butt, so I don't forget it everywhere. No big deal right? WRONG! That drive has my entire graduate career on it! My bibliography for studying for prelims, my working dissertation bib, everything. So, I had the anxiety blues again as I worried about whether or not it would be in the computer when I arrive at school. But, hey...keep it in perspective. If it's there, then I am worrying about nothing. If it's not, I was the last one in the room last night, which has been locked ever since, except for cleaning crews, so they probably picked it up and put it in lost and found. No big deal, right? By the way, it was still in the computer, so all is well!

THEN...I was rushing out of the house this morning and I left my phone on the mantle. Normally, no big deal. Today, though...I am going to be at school from roughly 8am to 7:30pm. And, intending on taking the train home and the hubster picking me up, I usually call him from the bridge. But, now I can't. But, hey...keep it in perspective. I lived for years without a cell phone. I can use a pay phone, or call him from Philly before I leave, or something. No problemo. Issue solved.

So, oddly enough, it looks as though my horoscope is actually somewhat apropos today. Interesting...strange...fun! Maybe tomorrow's will tell me that we're going to win the lottery and all our troubles will be over FOREVER! :)

1 comment:

blynnie said...

Hey Sarah, Always keep at least two copies of your backups. One at home and one someplace else that is safe. BTW - your rebate to help spur the economy could help defray your bike cost. lynne