Sunday, March 16, 2008

First Weekend Home

My first weekend home from Mexico has been really nice. I got to sleep in a bit and get out on my bike with Luly yesterday. It was nice to ride with her, catch up, get some coffee and enjoy a nice Spring day (well, almost Spring...first official day is THURSDAY!). I'm hoping that our recent change in the weather - this week is supposed to be above 40 every day - reflects the status of a new season to our region. I'm very ready for Winter to head out of the area and leave us with the smells, sounds, and warmth of one of my favorite times of the year.

I'm excited to get my veggie garden up and running again - we're planning to expand to a second bed for this year, so I should be overflowing with delicious squash, tomatoes, and purple carrots this year (I hope!). I was surprised how well it went last year - I'm not really graced with a truly green thumb, it's more like the Crayola crayon labeled as yellow-green. I hope that this year's attempt is equally successful!

No comments: