Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Politics...

tend to leave a bad taste in my mouth. I've never really been INTO politics. I've always had friends that were into it enough for the both of us - thanks, Barks! :)

As I've gotten older and wiser (haha), I have become more invested in politics. After all, I pay income taxes, property taxes, health insurance, car insurance, and the politicians have a say in all of this. So, of course, I have become interested in the issues at hand.

Did you hear that? I'm interested in The ISSUES, people! And let me tell you something....THESE are NOT the ISSUES!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23797072/?GT1=43001

I mean, really - I don't give a rat's butt that McCain is the 6th cousin 13 times removed of Lindsay Lohan...doesn't make him a good presidential candidate. And the fact that Obama is indirectly related to George Washington will not make him less "scary" in the eyes of thousands of Americans who find him scary...hence my second non-issue...

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02/28/tennessee.gop/

In the day when children are being named Kal-El after Superman and Apple after fruit - is it really such a big deal that the guy's middle name happens to be the same as a former leader of a foreign country? It's not as if he was named AFTER Saddam Hussein - they just happen to share a name. My husband's name is Charles - oh, crap...he must be just like Charles Manson - maybe I should up and leave?

OK...climbing down off my soap box here...wow, I can't wait to post about riding my bike! :) Politics stink!

No comments: