Sunday, March 30, 2008

75 miles!

You'd think that the day after my 1st race, I might take it easy. Nope - I'm such a toughie! ;) I met up with some of the crew in Center city and we rode out to the Lower Providence crit course near Valley Forge. After the 2 hour training there and ride back, I logged 75 miles today!

We had team training today. Our first big team race will be the Lower Providence crit the 3rd week in April. I wish I could race this one as a Cat 4 with the majority of the team - to make up for flatting out last year! That group is going to have so much fun playing with tactics and controlling the field. It worked great last year with Sally taking 2nd in the race!

Today, we worked on cornering drills, race tactics and pack riding. It was so great to get out there with the team - it feels like forever since I got to ride with everyone. At the end, we did a short race simulation, where I got to be the protected rider for my squad. It was so much fun to work with a small group to try to "win" the race. I ended up sprinting to the line against Liz - who is SOOOO strong! We were pretty much wheel and wheel at the end, but she definitely got me! :) Not for a lack of trying on my part! I was actually amazed at the strength that I had left in my legs today. I'm so excited to realize how much stronger I am this year than last! I'm also in a much tougher field, but it's so great to know that I have improved within myself, regardless of how I do in races. I'm really excited for this season to get underway!

By the way...10 days until we leave for camp! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I got a bunch of shots of you at the Kirkwood RR. Check 'em out here: http://www.cyclingcaptured.com/gallery/4612771_3WRdP#272077067